Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Beautiful Shenandoah

One of the things I am embarrassed about in my life is how little I have travelled. I have spent my entire life in the Chicagoland area, and with the exception of some trips to our surrounding states (Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, etc) I haven't really been anywhere interesting. I've tried to rectify this over the last couple of years.

This summer we took a trip out to Washington, DC, and Virginia Beach, with a couple of side trips along the way. Here is one of my favorite photos from the trip. It was taken on a scenic lookout in Shenandoah National Park. The elevation was somewhere around 3,000 feet.

Just beyond these rocks there was a dropoff that went down several hundred feet. My wife was freaked out that the kids were jumping around these rocks like a couple of mountain goats, but the kids didn't seem to mind.

The park is just beautiful and I bet it's even nicer when the leaves change color during the Fall. One of these years I plan on taking the kids camping there.

No comments: