Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day, 2011

Well, St. Patrick's Day is on a Thursday this year, so it is mostly business as usual. The kids had to go to school and Daddy had to go to work. Bah, humbug. But, a small treat is the ability to wear goofy green attire and knick knacks. The kids had green feather "ears" and blinking clover necklace thingies.

You know, I have to be honest. I don't really like corned beef and cabbage. Yuck! I have bad memories of my dad eating corned beef and then whiffing up the house with corned beef toots for the next three days. Ugh. And cabbage, well...'nough said.

At the kids' school a surprising number of kids had their hair dyed green. I wished I had thought of that with our kids. Also, a lot of kids had clover stickers on their faces, so many in fact that I thought it was an organized thing. Hmm, we must have missed the memo.

No comments: