Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009



The kids look forward to Halloween almost as much as they look forward to their birthdays. This year was no exception. I must admit that Aura and I look forward to it as well because we really enjoy seeing to kids having so much fun. Of course, it's a lot of work for us. Aura had to modify Ian's Stormtrooper costume because it was too long and I had to help the kids carve their pumpkins, but in the end it was very rewarding.


This year the kids did most of the carving of their pumpkins themselves. In the past they have been too young to handle the knives or they've been in bed, etc. but this year they cleaned out the gunk from the inside by themselves and they traced their patterns onto the pumpkins and even did some of the cutting. I would have let them do all of it if we hadn't been running late, but they had a party to go to so I had to step in to move things along.


The party they went to up the street was fun though I must admit I missed most of it because I had to run out to the store to get some more candy. I'm not sure if it's a sign of a bad economy but the shelves were full of candy and there were not alot of people buying it.

And speaking of candy!.....


here is a photo of a portion of their haul. They did really well this year. Our neighbors were very generous with their candy.

We were pleased that some friends of ours dropped by unexpectedly. First Uncle Brian and his sister Susie dropped by with some candy and gifts for all of us (thank you!) and then the Odell family dropped by in the evening. Not only was it great to have someone to hang out with while "Trick or Treating" but we were able to get our pictures taken with our pumpkins. Every year we take pictures of me and the kids with our pumpkins, it's sort of a tradition of ours, but this year I was afraid we weren't going to get the photos taken because our photographer, Aura, was not feeling well. But our friend Mike stepped into the breach and we got it done. Phew!

No comments: