Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ian's Baptism

It is so hard to believe that 8 years have passed since Ian was born. I have been pondering his baptism virtually from the moment he was born and suddenly it is upon us. However, we were able to plan in advance and it all came off without a hitch, except I ended up crying in the font even though I had promised Ian that I wouldn't.

Our friend Ginny flew in from Utah for the event, which made us all very happy. She took the photo above (thanks Ginny!) and was a great help and added a lot of moral support.

Ian's grandpa gave the opening prayer, his Auntie and his Aunt Ginny both gave talks, and his Aunt Gina gave the closing prayer. We definitely felt the Spirit there that day. Auntie was very emotional and that made the rest of us tear up also. I was happy that when I did break down in tears I had already successfully said the prayer and had dunked him.

My heart is so full of emotions about this event that I can hardly express myself. Needless to say I am very happy that Ian chose to be baptized and I pray that he will keep his baptismal covenants in his life. And it warmed my heart the next day in Sacrament meeting when Ian was welcomed into the ward as the newest member. It also made me very happy that there were so many people from the Ward that attended his baptism.


No comments: