Saturday, December 19, 2009

Running Away

The other night, during a snow storm, Cami decided that she was running away from home. It was around 1:00 am when she got herself into a snit about something, so she packed a pillowcase full of her clothes and got herself dressed up in some snowoutfit and headed out the door.

I tried to talk her out of it but she kept saying that, while she would like to stay, it was "best for her" to leave. I told her I would miss her and asked if she would come back and visit with us from time to time, especially when she had her grandbabies. She said she would and she admitted that she would miss us, too.

I let her leave and then I turned off all of the lights and then watched her out of the window just in case she actually did start walking down the street. After about a minute I heard the back door open up. I turned on the lights and asked if she had forgotten something. She was crying and said that she missed her family. I sat down with her in my lap and she cried and cried. She said that home was the best and she missed her mom and she missed her dad and...are you ready for this...she even said that she missed her brother. Oh, and she missed her stuffed animals and her comfy bed.

I made her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and we went to bed. It was a cute episode and I'm happy that I got a picture of her as she was getting ready to leave.

No comments: