Monday, August 22, 2011

The First Day of School – August 22, 2011

First Day of School - 2011

Wow, it is amazing that summer vacation is already over. I had such high hopes of having some fun family trips, like to Mount Rushmore, and doing lots of fishing and other running around, but work and other factors conspired to make the summer go by almost unenjoyed (new word).

We did go on several trips, and we did lots of swimming and we even managed to go camping once, but it still did not live up to my fantasy of one long, massive vacation. Admittedly I would need to be independently wealthy, which I’m not, to see this hope achieved but one can dream.

Cami is in 3rd grade this year and Ian is in 4th grade. I can’t believe they are growing up so quickly, which is what every parent says I’m sure. One consolation is that they are very cute. By the way, everyone comments on how much Ian looks like me, and he is a very handsome person, so by extension I must also be very handsome. This makes me feel better.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Listen, mister, you have always been and will always be handsome. Your personality alone cinches that one for you and your looks just add to it. Give the kids a big huggeroo from Aunt Ginny. Sure miss you all!!