Monday, August 15, 2011

St. Joseph KOA

St. Joseph KOA Cabin

One of the fun things we did this summer was to go camping. We did it last year as well but this year we decided to rent a cabin at the KOA in St. Joseph, Michigan. It was a great choice. Setting up a tent and setting up the cots and mattresses can be a pain. The cabin had beds and electricity and even an air conditioner.

We spent two days there and it was very relaxing. We went during the week so many of the weekend campers were not there so the campground was quiet. The pool wasn’t crowded and there weren’t loud kids running around (except for ours of course). We even did a little fishing where we caught loads of little sunfish. I liked this because I usually end up catching nothing.

Speaking of fishing Aura and I had some spirited debates about a fishing hat I wanted to buy. She says it looked goofy and made me look like a doof (her word). I liked the hat and didn’t care if I looked like a doof. In the end I left the hat on the shelf. Maybe next year…

I really enjoyed making breakfast using our little camping stove and roasting marshmallows over a fire during the evenings was also great fun. Walking all the way across the campground in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom was slightly inconvenient, but it was still very enjoyable. I can’t wait to go again.

No comments: