Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The End of an Era

End of an era - 2011

I was excited the other day when I cleaned out the garage, but at the same time I was sad that my kids are growing up. Seen here are some of the “little kid” items that I threw out. Their baby chairs, their car seats, various toys, and their picnic table.

In truth they never used the picnic table, mostly because of the spiders that spun their webs on it, and the little furniture never got a lot of use. They preferred to sit on the sofa snuggled up against mommy and daddy (makes sense, right?).

Ian Motorcycle - 2011

But I was especially sad to throw out their battery-operated motorcycle (it stopped working and they outgrew it) and their little horse. The horse was a gift from my parents and they loved it. But, like the other things, they outgrew it and it broke. I might fix it and keep it hidden away somewhere, but don’t tell mommy.

Cami Motorcycle - 2011

My kids are a lot of fun now that they are growing up but there are times when I see other people at church with their little kids and I long for those days when my kids were small.

No comments: