Saturday, March 7, 2009

Father and Daughter Dance

There are some things in life that are a drag. Financial problems, health problems, no raises at work, etc. are all a pain, but then there are those things that make life a joy.

One of those joyous events took place this Saturday night at the Father and Daughter dance that was organized by my daughter's girl scouts council. Here is a photo of us just before we left for the dance. Cami was so excited to go she was twittering about it all week. Mommy got her all decked out and daddy even looked nice.

And I will have everyone know that even though daddy isn't the best or most enthusiastic dancer he was out there on the dance floor with his daughter trying his hardest to make sure she was having a good time.

One odd thing though was Cami refused to slow dance with me. Virtually every other kid was out there with her dad when the slow dance came but Cami just didn't seem interested. Oh well, maybe next year.

I really am happy that I was able to share this experience with my daughter and I hope that Cami had as good a time as I did.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

How beautiful! Wish I could have been there to see you off. What a good dad to go and to dance too! I'm proud of you, Craig and give the little princess a big hug from me.