Thursday, March 19, 2009

The First Flower of 2009


It's here! It's here! The first flower that I've seen this year. I was walking over to the library yesterday and I saw it. I whipped out my camera and took a couple of photos just to prove it. I was really surprised to see this flower because every other plant I've seen is just a couple of inches above the dirt.

One of the things I don't understand about spring is where are all of the bugs coming from? Two nights ago it was really warm and I saw 5 or 6 moths on our window. Huh? Where have these guys been hiding all winter? It has been a pretty harsh winter and yet the bugs have found a warm spot to tuck themselves into. Do bugs migrate like birds do? I know that Monarch butterflies migrate south for the winter. Oh well, maybe some year I'll figure it all out.

No comments: