Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cub Scouts Cake Baking Contest

It was our annual Blue and Gold dinner at pack night last night. Here is my son decorating his cake for the Father & Son Cake Baking Contest. He made his to look like the state of Virginia. I was really disappointed in myself because even though I took a lot of pictures of the cake as it was being made I never took a picture of it when it was done. I feel like such a dork.

Anyway, his cake was great. On the surface it looked like a map of Virginia with colored areas for Shenandoah and the Virginia Beach area. Then we clipped some of our vacation pictures of Ian in those locations and we taped them to sticks and stuck them into the cake where these pictures were taken. Does that make sense? Basically pictures of Ian at the beach were poked into the beach area, etc.

He was very excited to win an award for his cake. I think he won the "Most 3 Dimensional Cake" award.

Cami entered her cake in the contest as well and she was so excited to win an award. I told her she could put her cake in the contest but probably would not win an award because the contest was for the boys, but our Bishop insisted that they would judge her cake anyway.

The dinner went very well and our Cubmaster did a great job of organizing the event. It was very well attended and a great time was had by all.

1 comment: