Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!



Plush puppies and chocolate. Ahh, it doesn't get any better than that. Valentine's Day is always a big hit with my kids, especially my daughter. Not only is she female but she also has a massive sweet tooth. This girl loves candy. She takes after her dad with his love of all things chocolate. And just like dad her favorite is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Chocolate bunnies at Easter are also a big hit. She isn't all that excited about Brach's Bridge Mix, though. Maybe it's because she has a hard time telling what flavor she's getting in any given piece.




Daddy actually picked up his Valentine's Day card for mommy about a week early this year. He was so proud of himself that he was not at Walgreen's at 2:00 am the night before picking from what few cards were left over.

I remember one anniversary I gave her a card that I had purchased the night before at around 2:30 am. I gave it to her the next morning. I was so pleased with myself that I remembered to get her something. She thanked me for the card and then asked if I knew it was a birthday card. Sure enough, the card I got her was a birthday card and not an anniversary card. Oh well, I tried. Don't I at least get credit for that? Especially when you consider that she did NOT get me a card.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Yup, kudos to you. Gotta give you a big pat on the back for the one-week-early effort. I hope it wasn't a sympathy card!