Monday, February 23, 2009

Field Trip


Last week I chaperoned my daughter's field trip to the Kohl's Childrens Museum. I was asked to watch the above three girls and I think I did a decent job because they all had a great time and none of them were killed or injured. So, it was a successful day.

As you can see the face painting area was a big hit again. After that they hit the stage were they can see themselves on a television screen. They tried on different outfits and hammed it up for 20 minutes or so. Another area that was popular was the "Potbelly" restaurant were they can pretend to be employees and make sandwiches for their customers.

This brings up an interesting observation. After having been to the museum twice it occurs to me that perhaps the real purpose of the museum is to prepare our children for a life in retail or other low end jobs. There is a day care center, a farm, a deli, a grocery store, and a veterinary clinic, which is the most "advanced" job of the bunch. Nowhere is there an executive suite where the kids can pretend to be managers or owners of the company. Hmm... Perhaps the corporate sponsers aren't so benevolent afterall.

Oh well, regardless the kids had a great time and I was thankful that the trip was short enough that none of my girls had to visit the bathroom while we were there. Nor did I, thankfully.

No comments: